Kundalini yoga is a type of yoga that include breathing , singing and repetitive postures. Its purpose is to activate your energy with Kundalini or energy. This is a spiritual energy that is said to be located down your spine. Just as Kundalini yoga awakens this energy, it also improves your awareness and helps move your ego. Sometimes, the practice is also referred to as the “yoga of consciousness.”
What is Kundalini yoga ?
Kundalini yoga is the practiced of all over the world, its origin is unknown. The concept of Kundalini energy dates back about one hundred centuries and dates back to around 1,000 BCE.
The first mention is found in ancient scriptures. Kundalini yoga is closely associated with Yogi Bhajan a yoga teacher from India. He is proud to have introduced the practice to Western countries in the 1960s.
The word “Kundalini” is derived from the Sanskrit word “circle”. It also refers to the coiled snake. Kundalini (divine serpent power) is like a coiled snake: It sits down your spine, sleeps and does not speak.
Kundalini yoga is done to activate the energy, allowing you to climb through the wheels on your spine.
In yoga, the chakras are the seven energy centers of your body. They are as follows:
- root chakra
- spin wheel
- Naval, or Solar Flex, Chakra
- Heart wheel
- Throat chakra
- Third eye wheel
- Crown wheel
It is believed that as the Kundalini energy rises, it will help to balance these chakras and contribute to your spiritual well-being.
Kundalini yoga is said to lead to spiritual enlightenment with regular practice. This is called “Kundalini awareness”.
How this yoga is different from another types of Yoga ?
Kundalini yoga is a very spiritual practice as compared to other types of yoga.
It still includes physical activities, but they are not the main focus. This is different from hatha or vinyasa yoga, for example, which both revolve around physical appearances.
Kundalini yoga is also very precise and repeats itself. While another types of yoga flow through your breath, Kundalini yoga combines singing, movement , dancing and breathing in specific forms.
About Breath, Mantra, Actions and Mudras
Kundalini yoga consists of six main parts, which are performed in the following order:
- Opening Magic. Each class begins with an introductory song, also known as a tuning.
- Pranayama or warming up. You can do breathing exercises called pranayama and sometime done some movements to stretch out your spine. The purpose of pranayama is to maintain control over the breath.
- Action. Action is a continuation of asanas, pranayama, mudras (hand positions), sounds and meditation. The length and intensity of the craft depends on your instructor.
- Rest. It allows your body and mind to capture the effects of a craft.
- Meditation :Your instructor will guide you through meditation to develop awareness.
- The magic of completion. The class ends with the final chant.
what are the benefits?
Kundalini yoga has many benefits backed by science and events. Let’s see them.
Loss of stress and anxiety
Like other forms of yoga, Kundalini yoga can help relieve stress and tension.
At a little reliable 2017 source, participants practicing Kundalini yoga experienced absolutely instant stress. This effect continued even after he trained for 3 more months.
Similarly, in a 2018 study, 8-weeks of Kundalini yoga reduced anxiety levels in participants. Researchers have concluded that Kundalini yoga may be a better treatment option for people with generalized anxiety disorder.
Improves cognitive function
In a 2017 controlled trial, the SOURCE Foundation, researchers studied 81 participants with severe mental disorders. The participants were roughly divided into two groups.
One group practiced Kundalini yoga while the other group received 12 weeks of memory-enhancing training. Although both parts showed significant improvements in the memory at the end of the study, only the Kundalini group showed short-term and long-term improvements in their management functions.
These include skills such as rationality, problem solving and flexible thinking. In addition to cognitive improvement, the Kundalini Yoga-trained team also had fewer symptoms of depression at the end of the study.
Other small study in 2016 found that Kundalini yoga can improved body positivity and self-acceptance. These benefits were found in nine women with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. According to researchers, Kundalini yoga can help treat eating disorders by improving self-awareness and self-esteem.
It is believed that when your Kundalini energy is waked up , you will be more connected to yourself and others.
These benefits have not been scientifically proven, but they are supported by factual evidence.
Claimed benefits may include the following:
- more sympathy
- increased creativity
- advanced glamor
- increased energy
- inner peace
Poses for Kundali Yoga ?
If you want to try Kundalini yoga, you can start with these sociable poses.
Lotus is a basic seated pose. It helps open your hips, so it might feel difficult if you have tightness in this area. Move slowly and avoid the posture if you have hip problems.
To do lotus pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended. Maintain a neutral spine.
- Bend your knees outward, bringing your feet toward your body as if you were about to sit in a cross-legged position.
- Place your left foot on top of your right thigh. Then, place your right foot on top of your left thigh.
- Inhale and exhale deeply while in Lotus, unless your instructor has you do pranayama.
This mudra is said to activate your Kundalini energy. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 . Press your legs and feet together and lie down on your stomach. Place the top of your feet on the floor.
- 2 . Place your palms under your shoulders. Make sure your fingers are pointing up and elbows are aligned with each other.
- 3 . Take a breath Lift your head and body and press your lower body to the floor.
- 4 . Straighten your arms and lift your chest and abdomen. Lower your shoulders and come back.
- 5 . Hold the cobra for 30 seconds and take a deep breath.
Archer makes you feel confident like a warrior. To do this pose:
- Stand straight with your feet together. Rotate your right leg out 45 degrees.
- Pull your right leg back and straighten your leg. Bend your left knee, but make sure it doesn’t go over your left leg.
- Extend your arms to shoulder height. Roll both hands into fists and point thumbs.
- Rotate your upper body to the left. At the same time bend your right elbow and bring your right hand towards your right armpit.
- Stay in this position for 2 to 3 minutes while going up and taking deep breaths.
- Then take the back of your left leg and bend your left hand and hold for 2 to 3 minutes while breathing deeply.
Kundalini Yoga Is Safe
Kundalini yoga, like all yoga, should be done with a secure mind.
- Be careful if you are:
- have breathing problems
- Have joint pain
- Have an Injury
- have balance problem
- are pregnant
If you don’t know if Kundalini is safe for you, talk to your doctor to find out if there are any precautions you should take or if there are any safer exercise options.
The bottom line
Kundalini yoga is more spiritual than any other type of yoga. While other types of yoga flow with the breath, Kundalini yoga combines chanting, singing, movement and breathing in specific forms.
The goal is to promote spiritual enlightenment. There are many benefits of science-backed Kundalini yoga. According to research, it helps relieve stress and tension, improves cognitive function and boosts self-esteem and self-esteem.
If you are pregnant or have breathing problems, bruising, joint pain or balance problems, talk to your doctor to make sure Kundalini yoga is safe for you.
- Why is Kundalini Yoga dangerous?
As with any electrical system, a power surge of Kundalini can damage the grid, causing grave mental and physical illness. While the channels through which Kundalini travels do roughly correlate with the nervous system, Kundalini is a subtle energy form that can't be measured like ordinary nerve circulation is.
- Can Kundalini Yoga get you high ?
By practicing Kundalini Yoga we not only experience an even higher 'high,' but we can repair our nervous system and brain. It's not a temporary 'high,' but a permanent spiritual experience with no damaging side-effects.
- Why is Kundalini Yoga So powerful?
Kundalini Yoga is a magical science that uses sound, mantra, energy healing, exercises and meditations to release trauma from the energetic body, which surrounds the physical body. Kundalini Yoga helps us recognize that abundance is our birthright and living from our hearts is the surest path to prosperity.
Source : https://www.healthline.com/